Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

*image by Jen Delyth


This project stems from a lifetime of searching; searching for acceptance for myself and my loved ones no matter what their sex, color, preferences, faults or pastimes. The idea is simple, to take small pieces of fabric sent in by others and create a quilt symbolizing Yggdrasil, The World Tree or Tree of Life.

Many years ago, I set out to unite a group of people of all religions, many of those people I consider today to be my closest friends. One of them, I married 13 years ago. It is through my experiences with those people, the love and support they have shown me over the years, their diversity of spirit, attitude, thinking and belief, that I want to extend those same branches and make something beautiful with the help of anyone who will offer it.

I have always been one to dream big. I think dreams should always be big. Dreams should reach to the sky and beyond, possibly out of reach, but always remaining in sight. They give us reason to move forward and strive to keep forging ahead. It is that principle that allows me to envision something hugely beautiful, even though it may be time consuming and equally huge in it's undertaking.

But the sky is the limit, as they say, and I am more than willing to take on that task if it means producing something that others can see as a symbol of unity, diversity, strength and hope.

That being said, we would like to hear from anyone willing to help. This project would be solely run on donations of material, scraps, batting, thread - anything necessary to make a quilt. It might also be of note that I sew by hand (as I do not own a sewing machine). Anyone willing to donate may send an email to Yggrdasil At Accidental Squirrel 

Thank you to everyone who has already expressed their support. It is because of you that I have faith in unity.


~Vaia

No comments:

Post a Comment